24 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2008-04-09 13:09

Hi everyone..

I have this idea about a website, where you can up- and download D-A-D bootleg torrents. Also you can share any artwork you've made for the bootleg covers - directly on the site.

Actually I've already done the graphics, just need someone to code some PHP or whatever, and someone to think it's a good idea. Smiley-midget

How do you guys feel about such a site? And do you think the band would approve?

Posted: Wed, 2008-04-09 19:47

Go for it! Thats what I say anyways...

I dont think the band would mind we shared their bootlegs online. They are supporting trading, and online trading/sharing is just another way of getting the bands music out to the masses.

Ill joing in and put up whatever I have recorded so far...

---------------------------------------

Bootlegging and spreading the music by the bands I like (videos at www.youtube.com -->WrittenInWater):

2005-10-15 DAD, Tobakken, Esbjerg. (2DVD)
2006-08-05 DAD, Bork Havnefestival, Bork. (2DVD)
2007-05-12 DAD, Skala FM Rock, Kolding. (1DVD)

Posted: Wed, 2008-04-09 21:48

Finally. That's a good idea. I support it 100%, but I can't program anything for you unfortunately. I will put up my recordings too.

Everyone should have access to everything in my opinion.

Molly, she is brown-spottet, cheerful and she is Jolly.

Posted: Thu, 2008-04-10 17:46

Support from my side as well. Got somethings to upload too.
I miss the old FTP that toksvig used to manage...So GO for it. it doesn't need to be anything fancy as fare as webdesign goes, as long as the contence is good Smiley

Anders

May DOG be with you!

Posted: Thu, 2008-04-10 21:32

I think that it`s a HUGE idea! I agree totally... `I remember talking about this sometime ago, but hey, I`m from Argentina, and what the hell do I know mmm??
You have all my support... and I`ll UL every rare stuff I have.
Thanx!

Taltos

Evil Does, What Evil Knows...
Taltos

Posted: Thu, 2008-04-10 23:48

I hate to be a downer, but I have to mention that it wouldn't be legal. Though with D-A-D's attitude towards these things, I can't imagine EMI would do anything about it.

It's a great idea, however, and I'll gladly help out if I can. Let us know about the progress. Smiley

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Posted: Fri, 2008-04-11 09:11

Hi..

Great to see your support.

Lasse, I see how SOME bootlegs could be illegal, like if the Danish Radio have the rights to record a certain show, and it then is ripped off the radio by someone.

But if a show is recorded by someone in the audience, then only D-A-D own the rights to the songs. And as they are ok with bootleggin', I can't see how that would be illegal.

Or am I way off here?

Posted: Fri, 2008-04-11 09:37

That's how the website looks so far:
http://hesgotagun.dk/extramuch.jpg

Guess where I got my inspiration. Smiley-midget

Posted: Fri, 2008-04-11 09:57

Now thats fucking awesome! Smiley-laugh

two wishes:

- Do a Helpyourselfish II
- Play Roskilde again

Posted: Fri, 2008-04-11 14:27

That looks really nice. Make it happen.

Molly, she is brown-spottet, cheerful and she is Jolly.

Posted: Fri, 2008-04-11 22:08

Wauw.. that actually looks really cool! i would be honered to visit that homepage! ;)

Posted: Sat, 2008-04-12 08:33

i love the idea! i also have something to upload, and wauw the site looks nice! Smiley-wink

Drenched my car in gasoline
And I went racing down the street
I got lights, police and sirens
To take me from
This life and into the next

jordi+'s picture
jordi+ (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2008-04-12 17:26

That's a good idea, my blog in spanish have bootlegs for everybody,but I don't show my direction because I put material that could be ilegal.I don't think my blog is ilegal,I bought the i-tunes songs legally and then I put this on my blog just for my friends,I don't make business with that.If you're interested in collaborate,mail me.The acces on Internet is still for minority.

Posted: Sat, 2008-04-12 18:23

Sounds really good.. suddenly a fan site, where i can find stuff and trade Smiley-midget

"They call you faumos, and people think you're insane.."

Posted: Sat, 2008-04-12 21:30

Great! I've been longing for this a long time.

Posted: Sun, 2008-04-13 05:36

Hey jordi+: podrias contactarme por msn? Seguramente tenga cosas que te inretesen...
Saludos

marcelo_burstein@hotmail.com

Evil Does, What Evil Knows...
Taltos

Posted: Sun, 2008-04-13 19:22

Hey Kløjt

Personally I think it's a GREAT Idea, however, as Lasse states - everything you do not have explicit permission to share is actually illegal...

It's fully legal to record a show for personal use - even if it says on the ticket or at the entrance that you can't, but sharing it is not...

however put something up with a note saying that you have no responsibility for the contents people upload, and that you'll delete anything illegal (such as the stuff you can buy in any record store) and ban users for it... in that way, IF APG/EMI contacts you and says it's illegal, you can just say "sorry, I'll remove anything you think is illegal - it's not my fault ;-)"

"man like dog can be taught not to talk..."

Posted: Sun, 2008-04-13 20:14

@Zleep:
The shows will not be on his website or server. They will be on your and other ppl who up/download them PCs.
The site has nothing to do with the shows in that way. WE, the up/donwloaders are responsible of what we share - monitored of cause Smiley-wink

Given, no official stuff would be share of cause.

Im hoping for a few more ppl to record this summers shows.

Come on one, come on all!

Bootlegging and spreading the music by the bands I like (videos at www.youtube.com -->WrittenInWater):

2005-10-15 DAD, Tobakken, Esbjerg. (2DVD)
2006-08-05 DAD, Bork Havnefestival, Bork. (2DVD)
2007-05-12 DAD, Skala FM Rock, Kolding. (1DVD)

Posted: Mon, 2008-04-14 23:13

Legal or not, that website looks real nice. Smiley

But D-A-D's music isn't just D-A-D's music. It's also property of EMI, which makes this sort of thing a kind of legal grey area, because you would really need permission from both parties for this to be 100% risk free. I would strongly recommend putting up a disclaimer like ZD advised you to. That way you're pretty safe, unless APG or EMI tries to prove you have malicious intents. I really don't think they'd do that, though, but I urge you to take your precautions.

EDIT: I think I sound like I want you to stop the project, but I do think this is a really cool idea and I hope you do this. Again, if I can help, let me know. Smiley

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Posted: Tue, 2008-04-15 17:00

@ Written in Water - I know how torrents work Smiley-wink however in DK it is also illegal to LINK to illegal materials - I remember a case with a blogger linking to the so-called "Grey Album" (a guy who mixed Beatle's White album with Jay-Z's Black Album - sounds quite cool in my opinion btw:))...

but by no means will I try to stop the project Smiley-laugh I think it's a wonderful idea, and I would probably be one of the more active people inthere anyway ;)

All I'm trying to say is: take your precautions, so it won't be YOU getting buttfucked by APG Smiley-midget

An as for the danish copy"right" laws - don't even get me started Smiley-wink I can ramble on for hours on how wrong they are Smiley-midget (baseline - no matter what you do, it's probably illegal)

Posted: Tue, 2008-04-15 18:41

By the way Kløjt

Do you plan to just have an index of torrents on other trackers, or do you plan to run a tracker?

running a tracker will probably be easiest if you have a machine wich you are in full control of (ie a virtual server which are available at about 12€/month for instance at http://www.hosteurope.de/produkte/Virtual-Server-Linux or https://yourshelter.net/da/linux/)

Posted: Wed, 2008-04-16 14:49

Hey.

From the start I've thought about there should be some rules, that every user agrees to, when signing up. Including no uploads of torrents containing official released material.

Zleep-Dogg - I have no idea how to make a torrent site work. Just got the idea and made the design. Smiley-midget So I'm gonna need some help on that by someone.

Now I've bougt the domain EXTRAMUCH.DK and added some things to the design, so check it out.
What do you guys think of the rollover effect on the buttons? I'm not quite sure of the Bootlegs/Disneyland Law button. Any suggestions?

Posted: Wed, 2008-04-16 22:28

Kløjt, no, I would't recommend you that. The style is so simple and clear and needs no complications.

We will win if we will the winning.
-------------------------------------
Vi vil vinde hvil vi vil at vinde.

GF

Posted: Mon, 2008-04-28 19:54

can only support this idea as well as the rest of you, but it's a good idea to make ppl. sign and understand it's not for "official" stuff. Know Toksvig did some deleting, and I don't think you should have to spend your time on such things.. (awaiting further info)

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Add new comment