Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2011-01-06 10:53

come and play at roskilde festival 2011

Posted: Thu, 2011-01-06 12:19

Please... : )

Posted: Thu, 2011-01-06 14:46

I asked at the chat last month and got this from jesper:

"roskilde arent that interested in us - they want newer stuff - maybe a year when they can get us exclusive - which then makes us - ....unemployed!!"

so I guess its not that likely that they will play roskilde this year... Smiley-sad

Anders

---------------------------------------

May DOG be with you!

Posted: Thu, 2011-01-06 23:21

Roskilde is making a HUUUUUGE mistake when saying no to D-A-D!

- And D-A-D always drag a lot of people up infront of Orange scene when closing the festival, so seriously Roskilde is making a HUUUGE mistake!

Posted: Thu, 2011-01-06 23:54

Even though I would LOVE to see d-a-d on the orange stage by any cost and any other places you can't deny what Roskilde do.

I can't see why it is a so called HUUGE mistake when d-a-d are playing all other festivals in DK. Of course d-a-d can draw a huge following on the orange stage but as an international festival like Roskilde it's not like that it is only d-a-d who can do that.

Roskilde can have the biggest bands in the world who easily can fill the orange stage twice as much as d-a-d.

So why choose a band that is playing everywhere in DK when they can book Iron Maiden?

two wishes:

- Do a Helpyourselfish II
- Play Roskilde again

Posted: Fri, 2011-01-07 10:30

I agree with Osaka...

I think we have to realize that D-A-D have become the new Shu-Bi-Dua in danish music in that perspective.... To me they have lost a lot of their coolness the past few years, at least here in Denmark and it'll be very hard for them to gain it back. I was about to write a lot of negative stuff about the typical danish-town festivals (But I'm not gonna). I just think it would be better if they did something on their own as a summer-tour.
Think if it as a mini-WigWam event. Play on some of the "smaller" outdoor stages like Skovdalen, Aalborg, Amfiscenen, Odense etc. and invite two or three bands along - that would be a super cool move for them to make! + it's not as risky as WigWam..... (Yet, way cooler than Holstebro Rock etc.)

Regards
Klaus

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Posted: Fri, 2011-01-07 13:36

I agree with both Osaka and Marlboroman.
Make your own little festival-tour. Saw you guys at 5-├śren, Amager(it's outdoors for those who doesn't know) in 2006 I guess, with Magtens Korridorer - fantastic one-day-festival if you ask me ;)
I totally get the point that you have to earn money like the rest of us - but why not challenge the established festivals with a smaller? With you guys as exclusive head-act and maybe bands like Magtens? Smiley-midget

Anonymous's picture
bib (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2011-01-08 05:05

They tried to do that with wigwam...

Posted: Sat, 2011-01-08 08:58

@Osaka: How can you fill something twise as much? If itd fillede once, then its full Smiley-wink

I think RF is making a misstake as well... but by saying they want the band for themself. I dont go to RF JUST to see DAD, but I would go to Jelling for them...
They can close Orange stage saturday night and still play at the smaller festivals... Not "town fairs" and so on, but festivals.

Have a nice day guys.

Bootlegging and spreading the music by the bands I like (videos at www.youtube.com -->WrittenInWater):

2005-10-15 DAD, Tobakken, Esbjerg. (2DVD)
2006-08-05 DAD, Bork Havnefestival, Bork. (2DVD)
2007-05-12 DAD, Skala FM Rock, Kolding. (1DVD)

Posted: Sat, 2011-01-08 11:16

The point is: Why should Roskilde spent mony on d-a-d when they are playing 20 other festivals in Denmark the same year, when Roskilde can get loads of headliner material from the international scene that can draw the foreigns?

two wishes:

- Do a Helpyourselfish II
- Play Roskilde again

Posted: Sat, 2011-01-08 12:18

bib - Well, What I'm suggesting here is not to bring the worlds biggest tent.... There are a number of outdoor stages in Denmark they could make use of which is already being used for concerts on a regular basis during the summer.

Regards
Klaus

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Add new comment