8 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-30 00:50

i fear people only see my ranting as selfish jibbering....
but what you must understand is that long, long ago...before D-A-D were widely known, there was a mop-haired kid, with a taste for not so much as 'obscure' bands, but bands who were a little different...one of these bands he used to taut around was (see above).
eventualy, after missing a 'possible' support slot with the Sea Hags (tbc 1987-88?)..and also due to lack of transport, missing the whole of the PIlgrims tour...he eventualy locked horns with them during the Riskin' era, and soon after, supporting the Holy-one, Ozzy. After this, D-A-D related items were still purchased, and he waited....and waited.....and waited....1 gig was anounced,(selfish tour) mid-week at the Campdem Underworld, London, which was a round trip of over 400 miles, of course there was no-chance of getting the time to go, so more waiting...and waiting....and waiting....for many more years, and just as it seemed England would be graced again....aye, typical, 1 London show.
so the now, the slightly receeding long-haired chap has become rather cynical of certain things.

England is awash with overated tripe, playing dull overated crap...
'theres no FUN anymore'
maybe there never will be.

can you make sense of my ranting now?

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-30 18:56

If I understand you´r writing you did´nt go the 400 miles to London too see them??

Helpyourselfish!!

---------------------------------------

Hans Obbekjær Christensen

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-30 22:57

Jack: Time to start doin' some of that Lords of the Atlas'ing, instead of sittin' on your ass, just waiting?

Posted: Thu, 2004-07-01 01:52

sitting on my ass?

isnt the point of 'touring', to actualy go somewhere?

as you are sooo damn sacastic by stating 'Lords of the Atlas', in doing so, you too are criticising the band.
unless the 'Atlas' only covers Scandanavia now.

also, the public transport system in England is overpriced & shite, but to go by car is mighty-mighty-expensive, we have some of the highest fuel prices, and parking in London is just stupid.
the amount it would cost me,to go via, say 'Train' to London, return, as the last one back is around 23:00, plus the price of a hotel (i did once sleep rough at Victoria coach st, never again)-i could go abroad for a full week.

so, i shall, as you put it, SIT ON MY ASS and wait.

artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2004-07-01 04:06

I think you should mail a nice mail to the webdude and ask :
webdude@d-a-d.com

Probably you get a clearlier answer ...

Posted: Thu, 2004-07-01 15:53

cheers for advice,
but if it needs a jerk like me, to persuade them to tour here....it doesnt say much for ttem.

and i dare say a number of other fans, in other countries feel the same.

4 dates per country would probably do the trick.

for instance:
UK
London (yes, London)
Birmingham
Mancheter
+1 in Scotland.
(notice i didnt mention Bradford!, even though Bradford now has some of the best Club/Hall/Theatre venues in the Country.)

Posted: Thu, 2004-07-01 23:09

Well - I did get it right then - you did sid on your feet.

I live in Jutland and I went to Rock´n Royal - I went because I wanted to see Disneyland After Darks show (they were only to play a few songs - in the event it was four songs and one of our national songs made on a Hendrix kind of guitar play by Cobber). I admit that I was a bit exited to see our national footballarena and that I liked 2 of the other bands - and looked foreward to see some bands I did not know - but never the less - I came because of the boys.

It was a trip of about 400 km each way. Me and a friend of mine drove friday morning at 8 and it took about 3 hours to get there.

After the koncert we had to wait about one hour before we finally cold drive back home (had to get up at 8 next morning and go to work) because of all the people on the roads.

It almost costed to tanks of diesel and two crossings of the bridge of each 250,- dkr.

I can very much understand if people don´t want to do what I did or anything like it - but I really think that most would have done all they could do if they knew the band was only to play one concert as in your case.

I really hope the band will play at different / more places in England in the future.

Helpyourselfish!!

Hans Obbekjær Christensen

Posted: Fri, 2004-07-02 00:22

ive been as far as Paris to see bands, when i had the time, and money spare (Cult, Skid Row, Love/Hate)...times change.

Add new comment