17 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2004-09-15 22:21

Aloha...
I'm a 17 years old boy, and I've been to 17 D-A-D concerts...
All this whining after "Grøn koncert" about "real" fans don't drink and jump and headbang I think is bullshit! To me that's a very huge part of a D-A-D concert! What I can't stand is the people in front who think they've got reservations because they stood there from the beginning. I think that if you just want to enjoy listening to the music, you shouldn't be in the frontline! I know it's not at Slayer concert and I'm absolut not saying we should beat each other up, but I can't just stand still and politely applaud after every song! I think that peopl responsible, and help each other if anyone falls...
But... It's rock'n'roll man, you have to be sweaty after a D-A-D concet!
So stop the whining, and if it's too wild, just don't go op to the fence!!!

Rune J's picture

Posted: Sun, 2004-09-19 20:29

"I think that if you just want to enjoy listening to the music, you shouldn't be in the frontline! "

Why the hell not? I personally don't just go to concerts with D-A-D to enhoy the music. Of course it's the main part of it but I get quit a big D-A-D-kick out of standing all the way in front because it's so close to the guys on stage. I can handle being pushed around a bit a few meters from the fence when I don't get a place up in front. But what I can't handle is when people go absolutely fucking crazy and are jumping all over the place because then you have to concentrate more on not falling down and being crushed than you can concentrate about the band. That's why I hate all the sods who only go to concerts to get wasted and push some people around while the band plays in the background....... and there are a lot of those guys... that's why I like to be in front.

And by the way: when you stand up front through an entire Thomas Helmig-concert I think you pretty well deserve the reservation of a place in front.....

Rune

Posted: Sat, 2004-10-02 19:42

Hey!

Don't wanna be the judge of who or wht is allowed upfront, BUT.. If you can't stand the pressure, "fighting", jumping and screaming in the "mush-pit", don't go up there!

I behave as the music "tells" me to, and that includes jumping, screaming, shouting, baaaaaad (but loud!!) singing, mushing, pushing etc.

But carefullness and crazyness CAN be combined!!

Keep on Rockin' and the few of you who "whine"... Keep moving..

Badabing,
D, A D

---------------------------------------

Something clever..

Posted: Tue, 2004-10-05 12:04

Totally disagree with Pede!!!

For me, guys like you should stand in the back by the beer tent!!

-You're the blood in my veins,
you're the only thing that pleasure and remains...

I've been hangin' around so long, -I've got dust in my hair from the old days...

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2004-10-07 20:00

Couldnt agree more with you tippi..! cant wait till im to old to wasty my concerts away back ther....

Posted: Thu, 2004-10-07 20:42

No matter how you look at it, D-A-D's a rock band, and their concerts are rock concerts, so the further up against the stage you go, the crazier a crowd you should expect to meet.

If you just want to listen to the music, you can do so in 10th or 15th row. The rest of us can twist and shout in the front.

The people who throw beer around and push people purposely, THEY are the idiots that ruin it for the rest of us.

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Posted: Thu, 2004-10-07 20:42

Thats bullshit Tippi!!!! but what the heck... if you think you can change the world with your whining then go on!!!

Scare Yourselfish

Posted: Thu, 2004-10-07 20:50

Take it easy, Jonathan. She's just voicing her opinion.

Posted: Thu, 2004-10-07 21:49

"See I'd like to share your point of view
As long as it's my view too "

Ég var svartklædd þegar ég var handtekin

Posted: Thu, 2004-10-07 22:10

"can't win on a compromise,
I'd rather lose on my own"

totally agree with you Lasse... at a rockconcert, you should expect people in front to be wild, but those fighting and throwing beer are just assholes...

"man like dog can be taught not to talk..."

Posted: Fri, 2004-10-08 19:49

And I think this is where we started...

I was one of those who commented on the behavior, at Grøn Koncert in Aalborg.

It WAS worse than usually!

And yes, normally I enjoy the pushing and screaming - as part of the reason why I LOOOVE seeing D-A-D live Smiley

Ko-Milla *Drawing a Circle*
Smiley-wink

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2004-10-09 13:07

"me oh my"....just found out I supported the opposite opinion....sorry, so just to make it all clear, people whining should perhaps find another music genre or just shut up, rock concerts are for people who wants to get crazy, anything else would be hardly against the spirit of the genre!

Posted: Sat, 2004-10-09 13:09

Behavior at the concerts is very different from time to time..and if I go up in the front I don´t expect people to stand still and don´t drink. But I expect people to have some respect for other people. I was at the "Grøn Koncert" and I stood in the front,I jumped around and shouted and so on. That´s a part of it,but when people asked me to move a bit,I did it..if I hit somebody while i´m jumping around I say that i´m sorry. This is what is missing I think.. But when people get TOTALLY wasted not even the band itself would have a chance to correct the persons behaviour...so think about other people rather than yourself before you get totally wasted at a concert!!

D.A.D -The greatest rockband ever!

Rock on!

Posted: Sat, 2004-10-09 15:55

Dictator here, dictator there... Should we really decide how people should react, who can go and who should stay at home?

There's a Danish 'saying': "Alt med måde" - can somebody find the English match for me?

But of course I find it fkcuing annoying when I stand at a concert and some bully drunk out of his mind on purpose bumps into people - and me and make me spill my beer.

Then again; it would be kind of boring to go to a concert with a crowd consisting of nothing but nuns and old people.

So again: Alt med måde Smiley

Posted: Sat, 2004-10-09 16:12

Once a nun spilled a beer over me and called me an asshole. What a bitch. Nuns aren't nice.

Of course that's not true, I just wanted to say that.

Posted: Sat, 2004-10-09 16:17

Last time I went to church they threw water at me and called me funny names.

So I know /exactly/ how you feel Smiley-laugh

Posted: Sat, 2004-10-09 21:46

"Alt med måde" = "moderation in all things" Smiley

"man like dog can be taught not to talk..."

Add new comment