4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2005-05-25 12:30

Yes, I know that you out there have heard this more than once, and probably said so yourself as often, too. What makes the difference is that it's me saying so (not meaning that I was un unordinary guy... errhh, well, to be honest, I am that, yoo :)), having my reputation on the list.

I only got the album now, as it was released only today in Finland. And I'm almost speechless...! What can one say? After the single I thought (and think) sucks, there are so many awesome tracks on the album. To begin with Lawrence of Suburbia, one of the best by D-A-D ever... As a whole I think the album is D-A-D's (=world's) best for a loooong time.

Someone said earlier that the tracks Scare Yorself and Last Chance to Change represent the album well. I wouldn't agree. I think no pair of songs taken from the album could represent the whole.

Yet, I still remain staunch in my opinion, that Scare Yourself and Last Chance to Change suck, especially the former. Are in my opinion probably the worst songs on the whole album, even if I'm not too impressed with Unexplianed and Dirty Fairytale...

What about you guys and gals here, would you have, now in retrospect, picked up Scare yourself and Last chance to change from the album to the sinle, as was done?

Posted: Wed, 2005-05-25 13:00

i totally agree on the thing about scare yourself and last chance not being the best tracks on the album, maybe even the worst... BUT i don't think they suck... as the matter a fact those two and hey now are the only tracks keeping me from rating it the best d.a.d album ever... RISKIN' IT ALL still takes my vote.
i've had for a couple of days now and i must say im truly stuned by a good day, little addict and camping in scandinavia...

to follow up on my critics of scare yourself: its to leaned back... but still most of the tracks rate within my top 15 d.a.d so still great album guys..

Yenka's picture
Yenka (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2005-05-26 09:37

No it doesnt rocks. Its business as usual, same procedure as last year!

Posted: Thu, 2005-05-26 10:29

Last Chance to change is the 'worst' song on the album. But I dont think that its bad... Thats why I really really like this album. All the songs are great. And I have heard 'Last time to change' Live, and it sounded a lot better, because then they play it faster!!